Through life we have so many situations we face. Some are good and some not so great. These situations can often impact how we think about ourselves and ultimately how worthy we feel for positive things that happen in our lives. We have all heard about self-sabotage and how during points of our lives we somewhat feel we deserved what we got, or do not deserve happiness in areas such as relationships, career, finances etc. You work hard all your life to get to a certain level you feel is successful. Yet, when we get there, you feel unworthy of the results for which you worked so hard. This can be really challenging to deal with because it can be a constant struggle of feeling inadequate. Many humans, when they think of worth, base it on the wrong criteria such as what others think or how much they are loved rather than themselves. We have all heard it, but take a moment and let it sink it… The only one who can determine how worthy you are and what you deserve in this life is YOU! You can have someone look at you every day and tell you how wonderful you are every day, but the only way you will actually hear and acknowledge it is if you become your own personal cheerleader and tell yourself you are worth it. Here are some things that can help you find and enhance your worthiness:
- When you wake up in the morning and getting ready for the day, look at yourself in the mirror and, no matter what you are facing, tell yourself you are worthy of love, happiness, health, success etc.
- At the end of each day before falling asleep state out loud something you feel proud about, either on the day or in the past.
- Learning to express gratitude is one of the most important things you can incorporate into your life. Not only will it help you learn to appreciate what you have in life and be grateful for it, it has shown many health benefits including overall happiness in life.
- Doing things for yourself does not make you selfish. In fact, it can rejuvenate you in ways that will allow you to be more beneficial not only to yourself but to others as well. Think about what you do during the week, how hard you push your body when you’re tired, or have a list of things left to do that others are depending on you to get done. Taking a moment or an hour just for you can definitely increase your feelings of worthiness because you think enough about yourself to recognize when you need time too.
- Learn to forgive yourself. Only then can you fully release the energy from your field that may be holding you back.
- Look at certain areas of your life and let go of anyone, thing, or situation causing you to feel less about yourself. If you have to, sing “let it go” (we all know words people and it will help you feel better).
- Whenever you find yourself in a situation where someone is speaking ill of you or providing excessive drama or bad energy, simple excuse yourself from the conversation. This will empower you and allow you to recognize your own self-worth.
- Take time to acknowledge your achievements and reward your successes. So often we set goals in life and then once we reach them we think it is not enough and we set another goal. We walk around trying to obtain unachievable expectations. When you stop to acknowledge your achievements you can actually feel worthy of what you have achieved and it will allow you to feel confident about other goals you set.
- Make daily affirmations to help you through moments of insecurities, anxiety and self-doubt. These can allow you to stay positive through difficult times and can help you shift your thinking.
- Help other people who need it and recognize and accept when you need help.
- The more truthful you live your life, the higher your own energetic vibration will become. So stop lying to others about things. Most importantly, take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming others for anything bad that has happened in your life. Even if the bad thing was caused by someone else, you don’t have room to hold on to it anymore. It is not your cross to carry anymore. You have control over your attitude so walk in a truthful path.
- Start facing your fears! More dreams are crushed by fear than failure. Start paying attention to your thinking instead of “I could never”, or “I can”, and “who cares” and most importantly “what do I think”.
“When you think this pain is all you deserve, you are right. You are the only one that can decide how long you will walk in hell.”― Shannon L. Alder . You have a choice every day when you wake up. To be worthy of the life you deserve all you have to do is decide that you want it.
© 2016 Elysian Life Design. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Elysian Life Design with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.