What if I told you there was a spot within you where if you tapped into it, you could unlock courage, personal power and you could feel more worthy in your everyday life. We have all been there when we had a “gut” feeling about something and we knew it was going to be an issue. But, we did it anyway and then we wished we would have listened to our gut! That instinct and the key to unlocking the courage and personal power within you is called the Solar Plexus Chakra. We all have one. Even animals have one. But, most of us do not pay it any attention and we can go our whole lives that way. Until one day we open up to this energy source, and it changes our life.
What is a Chakra?
A chakra is an energy source that is within your various energy fields and the physical body. It can also be referred to as a wheel of energy. These wheels of energy connect various energy sources within your body to each other. They then connect to your physical body, and also cosmic energy. That is how we get our “Chi, Life Force Energy, Prana” etc. We all have a large variety of Chakras within all of us. There are seven major Chakras which you may be more familiar with. Running from the Base of your tailbone up to the top of your head, these seven main Chakra’s help us stay balanced, connected and healthy. When they are all working together and aligned, they can be your best friend. But, when they are having a tough time, need support and having a temper tantrum, well let’s just say you will be in for one heck of a journey. But that is another blog in itself.
What is the Solar Plexus Chakra & Why is it important:
The Third Chakra, also known as the Solar Plexus Chakra, is just above your naval area. This energy source deals with raw emotions such as abundance, anger, frustration, personal power, success, worthiness, and intuitions. This Chakra is like your own personal vision board that you carry within you every day. It is the key to manifesting living your best life and achieving all of your desires. It is up to you to decide whether to focus on the positive aspects or negative ones.
How the Solar Plexus Chakra Affects your Physical & Emotional Health:
When this energy source is balanced, you can feel worthy, filled with confidence, happiness, feelings of achievement, success, calm and full of life like the Sun. It also allows you to remain flexible and allows you to handle life’s changes with ease. When this Chakra is unbalanced it can lead to a slew of health issues, unbalanced emotions, depression, anxiety, unhealthy boundaries, doubt, anger, digestive issues and more.
This is a unique chakra. Not only does it sit in a location that houses most of the essential organs from the stomach, large intestines, liver, nerves and headquarters for our immune system, etc. It can also be vital to our muscular system and can affect diabetes, self-esteem issues, and even arthritis.
Signs your Solar Plexus Chakra is blocked:
- A physical health issue such as constipation, addictive behavior, reflux issues and more.
- Difficult time keeping healthy boundaries with people and even ourselves.
- Feeling bored with life, passive, depressed and anxious.
- Oversensitive to thoughts and feelings and well as a feeling of vulnerability and an uneasiness of life.
- Overwhelming feelings of shame.
- Self- Esteem and Self-control issues.
- Weight gain and a form of energetic protection.
Signs your Solar Plexus Chakra is balanced:
- A clear direction of your life path and goals.
- Balanced relationships, work ethics, physical and emotional thoughts and actions.
- Motivation to achieve goals & desires.
- Positive self-esteem, sense of self and core beliefs and upholding values.
- Strong leadership skills & seeing the abundance in your life.
Ways to keep your Solar Plexus Chakra balanced & aligned:
- Cut your Energy Cords on a regular basis. Ideally once a day if possible.
- Get organized in your physical space, and this will help you have the motivation to achieve other goals.
- Incorporating yellow foods into your diet such as corn, lemons, yellow peppers, yellow squash, etc.
- Physically work your core area in exercise.
- Practice positive affirmations to yourself and listen to positive uplifting music and sounds.
- Put into place healthy boundaries and set up ways to make it easy to keep them in place. For example, if you are a “yes” person to everything and someone asks you if you want to do something, simply say let me check my calendar and get back to you. This way you have some time to think about it.
- Remember your inner roar, and that you are strong, worthy and can achieve your desires and rise above the ebbs and flows of life.
- Spend some time in the sun and in nature connecting to the energy within you.
- Surround yourself with yellow or gold light. Either by placing an energy bubble of these colors around you or by decorating your space in these colors.
- Using Bergamot, Elevation, Cheer, or Lemon Essential oils. We personally recommend DoTerra Essential Oils.
I have learned that using “I AM” Affirmations specifically targeting my solar Plexus Chakra is the best and easiest way to keep it working at the desired levels. For example, some powerful ones are “I AM Worthy, I AM Enough, I AM Abundant, and I AM Achieving my dreams.” Telling yourself those simple key phrases every day can make a huge impact in making sure your Solar Plexus Chakra is balanced and healthy. I also love working with crystals for the Solar Plexus Chakra like Citrine, Tiger’s Eye, Orange Calcite, and Pyrite. Simply by carrying them on you or having them in your space can make a huge difference for you and the health of your Solar Plexus Chakra. Try getting in the habit of taking a minute each day to connect yourself to your Solar Plexus Chakra, talking positively to it, setting a daily affirmation and setting the day in a positive motion. By doing this you will create an environment that harnesses self-worth and personal power where you can achieve all. And, certainly, this can take time as we all have self-doubt, vulnerability, and fears that arise. But, take it day by day and each day give it your best effort and see what happens. The more you nurture it the more benefits you will start to see play out in your life. Then, one day you will wake up and feel that abundant joy and inner worth that was right inside of you the whole time and you will be living your desires.
I was and still am one of those people who has to constantly try to keep my Solar Plexus Chakra balanced. It is one of my weakest chakras, so I can understand firsthand the frustration it can cause in your everyday life and how it can touch each facet of life from business to personal. The best advice I can offer is to try to get to a place where you accept that you are enough just the way you are. You don’t have to be anything you aren’t in order to make others happy. Just be you. If that’s a good person or a challenging person just do the best you can and that is enough. We are all works in progress and it can take time to get to where we want to be. But, each day give yourself your best chance to make the day abundant and count towards the good in your life.
© 2018 Elysian Life Design. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Elysian Life Design with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.