What is my life purpose? That is one of the most common questions asked by people in in my sessions. It is a question that I have asked myself most of my life. Trust me I often think “If I knew then, what I know now”. We know that our past doesn’t define our present. But, it can provide you lessons and opportunities to figure everything out. I often think that we shouldn’t, at 18 know what we want to do with the rest of our lives. We don’t even really know who we are as a person often until our thirties. Then, when we figure it out, we have “wasted” all that time doing what we thought we loved verse what we know we are meant to do. We can feel trapped in the illusion of our security. We are afraid to makes changes once we figure it out. But, how do we even know for sure what our purpose is. Trust me if it was as easy to go see someone who can connect with your guides like myself it would be super easy. I wish I could tell people what their purpose is. But, one of the most important steps in finding your purpose, is your journey in life. Every day, every step, every choice leads you further on your path and that is how you gain insight. Many times we make choices and at the time those choices really serve who we are. But, fast forward 10 years and you may desire to live a quieter lifestyle than you once did. That will lead you in the next step of your purpose. The question is; where do we start when we don’t even know what direction to go in? Here are some helpful steps:
- Follow your heart, instead of your mind: I assure you the headquarters of your EGO isn’t going to tell you what you are supposed to achieve fulfillment and happiness. So, don’t ask it and don’t listen to it. Listen to the place built and designed to make you feel love and passion. Start asking your heart to lead your steps and actions.
- Don’t live in fear of change: “Fear kills more dreams, than failure ever did.” We all know that fear, especially of change is super scary. In my opinion, worse than a scary movie. It is really through cataclysmic change that we rebuild what is important in our lives. And, anyone that knows their purpose will tell you that they experienced some sort of trauma on their journey to finding out their purpose. Either their entire life went to crap first, or they suffered a loss so deep, or they almost died in order for them to get the message.
- “Do” instead of “think”: How many times a day do you spend thinking, instead of doing? I know I think and over-think things till my brain hurts. We can get so caught up in the “what ifs”, and plan a –z that we stay in place and don’t move. I often think, “I wish someone would just tell me what choice to make”. We are the only ones who can take the actions needed to achieve the goals we want. No one else can do it for us. If you want that dream to come true, you have to make choices that get you there, not think them.
- Do something every day you are passionate about: By living passion and trying new things, we figure out what we love to do. Maybe you always wear pink nails, but you really love purple. Next time you go to get them done, be bold and be you. If purple and sparkles makes you passionate about life do your fingers and your toes. It can be any size thing that makes you feel that passion, but take that chance and do something small or large every day to help you find out what you are made out of.
- Expand your comfort zone…even just a little: Our comfort zone is like a warm, soft blanket on a cold rainy day. Why in the world would we want to move from something like that? There is a saying by Anna Berkes that says, “If you want something you have never had, you must be willing to do something you have never done.” In order to find our purpose and figure is out, we have to get out and explore the adventure waiting for us.
Perhaps, you are asking the Universe “What is my purpose?” There are a few things that I recommend to people who are in search of their purpose or know their purpose but, don’t know what to do with it when they come to me. A “Divine Check-In” or a Numerology Report. You can learn more about both on our website: https://www.elysianld.com/services.html or our ETSY store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ElysianLD
Whatever you think or know your purpose is take steps to live it every day, because that is only the beginning of the journey and the beginning of all the abundance coming your way.
“The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for.”
– Fyodor Dostoyevsky
© 2017 Elysian Life Design. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Elysian Life Design with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.