On Wednesday June 21st 2017 at 12:24am EST, Summer officially arrives in the Northern Hemisphere. I am sure that many of us have long awaited this day after the crazy winter we all had with the back and forth of nice weather and cold weather. This day marks the time of year when the days start to get longer than the nights. Also known as Midsummer or Litha, it is truly a time for celebration. The time of the “light” that we experience during the Solstice and the summer months is a great opportunity for you to work on some of your spiritual goals, reconnect with the “source” energy, or manifest your dreams. Here are a few things you can do to during the Summer Solstice, to draw in the power of the sun and gratefully welcome in the season:
- Hold a Solstice bonfire celebration.
- Spend the day out in Nature and reconnect with the energy of the Sun.
- Seek some realignment in your overall life! Perhaps you should adjust some of those New Year’s resolutions.
- Reconnect with your Faith and renew your relationship with God.
- Take a walk along a body of water. While you are walking, visualize what your summer, special events, love, people and new careers that you wish to bring into your life this summer will look like.
- Sit outside and read a book that can connect with your purpose.
- Start a healthy food cleanse.
- Consider an Energy Healing session to clear out old energy and make room for new.
- Meditate outside in a garden, forest, park or your sanctuary in your own yard.
- If you happen to like Ancient Egyptian Culture like I do, work with the Egyptian God Ra. Ra is the God of the sun and radiance.
- Have a conversation with the Faeries… Yes Faeries. Making reference to “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”, there is much magic that can be obtained working with the Faeries. This can also be a fun activity if you have children. Perhaps, build a little Faery home or terrarium and welcome them to come into your home, garden or your dreams.
- Make an altar with summer flowers and herbs, and light a candle and tell the Universe what you wish to manifest this summer.
- Participate in a Solstice Ceremony or Drumming Circle.
- On or around the Solstice time, go outside and just stand in the sun for a few minutes to soak in the energy of the Sun. If you really want to feel this, stand facing the sun, close your eyes, put your hands up and just enjoy the feelings.
No matter how you choose to spend the Summer Solstice, know that there will be loving magic behind your intentions. This is what will make it unique and special for you. With the warmth of the Sun coming to Earth, you can expect to feel happier, healthier and an overall sense of well-being, physically, emotionally and spiritually. There are many Sun deities and Goddesses that you can work with during your summer solstice celebrations, and you may want to work with them all. The most important thing is to recognize what you are guided towards and go with it as it is part of the carefree joy and laughter of the season.
“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
© 2017 Elysian Life Design. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Elysian Life Design with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.