This is one of my most favorite times of year. It is a time when we welcome the balance of the day-force and the night-force with the Spring Equinox (also known as the Vernal Equinox or Ostara). This year, the Spring Equinox is March 20th, 2018 at 12:15 pm EST. On this day, there will be an equal amount of day time and night time. In Christianity it is associated with the passion of Christ and Ancient cultures often associated it with Resurrection. Much like during spring, the Earth resurrects from winter and the darkness. This is a magical day of new beginnings, transformation, and re-birth. The energy of this day will help you match your grid matrix with that of the Universe and offer you healing and balance.
The month of March is all about Fertility and new growth. So, what better day than the Spring Equinox to welcome in new beginnings and any transformation you have been seeking. Many of you may have heard the term “Spring Cleaning”. I am a big fan of “spring cleaning” my soul. Bring in your light, shed your old layers, let go of anything and any one that is toxic to your energy, bring balance, resurrect from your ashes, and give birth to your spiritual self. This isn’t always an easy thing to do. Many of us want to manifest all these abundances into our lives. If the space you have inside is cluttered and full of all these old emotions and limitations, how can new things grow? You have to make the room. So detox your mind, body, and spirit this month as you prepare for the Spring Equinox.
Here are a few suggestions how you can celebrate the Spring Equinox:
- Clear a space for a garden
- Honor Mother Earth and spend some time taking a walk in nature
- Meditate for balance at dawn or sunset
- Honor the God or Goddess of your choice and ask for their assistance with your transformation
- Use the energy of the day to fuel new projects and goals
- Leave an offering of fruit as a symbol of fertility and growth for the nature spirits
- Light some candles at dawn to help welcome more light to the Earth
- If you are a mother, spend some time honoring your own fertility and gift of life that was created within you
- If becoming a mother is part of your re-birth, honor your fertility and set your intentions with Mother Earth, your God or Goddess of choice and the Universe
- You have heard the phrase “Spring Cleaning”, there is a reason. This is the time to clean your home and welcome in the new season
- This one was my personal favorite to do last year. It is an activity you can do with the whole family. At the exact time of the Equinox, if you take an egg outside and place it on the ground, it will stand up straight! Yes it is true, I tried it myself and it actually works and is really cool to see in person
- You can hold a Holi Festival with your family and friends. A Holi Festival is a Hindu tradition where they throw various colors at each other and around town, in honor of the revival of spring
No matter how you choose to spend the Spring Equinox, know that your own transformation is divinely supported. Make that room in your spirit and know that you can achieve any goal you have if you nurture it and allow it to grow just like springtime. With the change of the season, you will start to feel more balanced and re-energized.
© 2018 Elysian Life Design. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Elysian Life Design with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.